Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Summer, 2011!!

Friends & Family...  THANK YOU so much for hanging in there, and not ditching your Food Connections connection... It's been too long since I've posted last, and your kindness in staying on-board (even if it was cuz ya forgot ya were connected), is very much appreciated.

In my tiny part of the world, The Spring Lake 5 , marks the OFFICIAL kick-off of summer.  Within a one or two day period, the switch is flipped, and the energy in town turns dramatically upward in happy-summer-vibe.   This past Saturday was the race, and as always, there was a robust post-race party circuit marathon.  I was able to get LOTS of great scoop on some fun/cool/delish places to eat... and I'm dying to share all the great info.  So, please stay tuned... and as I partake, I shall report much inside info, and positive vibage.

Cheers to you guys!!... and thanks again...  here's a post-race Bloody Mary!

(apologies for the poor quality of the photo... I was 2 Bloodies deep when I snapped it!)... Inspired by my great Friend, Annie Mont....  West Coast winery influence:  bacon as garnish + Manasquan influence = 2/3 V8 + 1/3 Clamato.   Soooo delish.  Classic V8 veggie/salty/recuperative goodness,, the ever-so slight saltish, summer-low-tide-briney magic of Clamato,, with a solid hit of thick-cut bacon flavored swirls via the bacon-as-garnish...  Very much a Spring Lake 5 bouy marker, at our house.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment